A communication ‘hub’ for the village
A group of residents has got together to take a fresh look at the way people in Histon and Impington find out what’s on, what’s happening, and what’s new in the village.
The idea being explored is for a village website that will feed a weekly email round-up (and possibly an app) sharing news, information and opportunities of interest to local residents and businesses.
Importantly, this would be a complement to, and NOT a replacement for, any of the communications already serving the village, such as the Network Year Book; Facebook groups; and HisImp News. It is envisaged that the online ‘hub’ could include:
- A village news service, including parish council announcements and consultations
- Features about village life and people
- ‘What’s On’ details with an events calendar
- Advertising of village-based jobs
- Advertising for volunteers and helpers
- Listings of community organisations, clubs, societies and facilities
- Listings and advertising for local traders
The questionnaire is online now at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HIcomms so do have your say!
Other Useful Websites