A communication ‘hub’ for the village
A group of residents has got together to take a fresh look at the way people in Histon and Impington find out what’s on, what’s happening, and what’s new in the village.
The whole community can now make suggestions on how village communications could be improved by taking part in an online survey at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HIcomms .
The idea being explored is for a village website that will feed a weekly email round-up (and possibly an app) sharing news, information and opportunities of interest to local residents and businesses.
Importantly, this would be a complement to, and NOT a replacement for, any of the communications already serving the village, such as the Network Year Book; Facebook groups; and HisImp News. It is envisaged that the online ‘hub’ could include:
- A village news service, including parish council announcements and consultations
- Features about village life and people
- ‘What’s On’ details with an events calendar
- Advertising of village-based jobs
- Advertising for volunteers and helpers
- Listings of community organisations, clubs, societies and facilities
- Listings and advertising for local traders
The questionnaire is online now at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HIcomms so do have your say!